|Français à la suite… Announcing Concours virtuel: Ensemble à distance Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have had to cancel the 2020 Provincial Concours d’art oratoire.|
In lieu of the traditional Concours,
today CPF Ontario, with a number of partners, is launching
virtuel — Ensemble à distance,|
Ton expérience face au virus.
|||We invite students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 across Canada to record and virtually post 1-3 minute videos, en français, sharing how they are spending their time while schools are closed and events are cancelled. While this is an incredibly serious public health moment, as we’ve seen from towns in Italy and Spain, there is power in sharing the experience together – to help raise each others’ spirits and remind each other that we’re in this together. Ensemble à distance.|
Cash prizes total over $10,000 for students in Grades 6 – 12 who place in the top three in each category!
All cash prizes will be matched with a financial donation to a registered charity of the student’s choice.
For each submission made for students in Kindergarten through Grade 5, we will make a $10 contribution to Food Banks Canada.
In addition, each submission will be entered into a random draw for two (2) roundtrip tickets anywhere in Canada with Air Canada! Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Deadline to submit videos through our website is May 2nd, 2020.
· Students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 anywhere in Canada are eligible to participate.
· There are three categories per grade: Francophone, French immersion, and Core French.
· Ensemble à distance is one pan-Canadian competition. Students will be participating all together at the same time.
· There are two components to the project:
· (a) To be formally entered in the competition participants will need to submit a video link through our submission form by May 2nd.
· (b) In addition, we are welcoming students/parents/guardians to share their videos online and tag le Conseil jeunesse francophone de la C.-B. and use #EnsembleADistance
Ensemble à distance: Sample Video
Brought to you by:
Canadian Parents for French (Ontario) en partenariat avec le Conseil jeunesse francophone de la C.-B., CPF National and Francophone partners across Canada.