The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is in the consultation process for the 2021- 2022 school year calendar. This is a complex process because of our large geographic territory and the need to collaborate with the Algoma District School Board, Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario and Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario in producing this calendar.
We welcome your attention to the attached draft calendars(links below) and your input on the question at the end of this memo. Once this input has been received, the four boards will finalize a calendar.
• The school year must consist of 194 school days, of which no more than seven can be professional activity days. The first day of school is Tuesday, September 7, 2021. The last day of school is Thursday, June 30, 2022.
● The Ministry of Education has set the Christmas Break from Monday, December 20, 2021 to Friday, December 31, 2021 with classes resuming on Monday, January 3, 2022. As part of the consultation process with the other three coterminous Boards, Christmas Break will remain as set out by the Ministry of Education.
● March Break has been set by the Ministry of Education for the week of March 14 to 18, 2022. School resumes Monday, March 21, 2022.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS
- PA Day #1: Thursday, September 2, 2021 – Opening PA Day
- PA Day #2: Friday, September 24, 2021 – Faith Day
- PA Day #3: TBD (see calendar options) – Provincial Priorities
- PA Day #4: Friday, February 4, 2022 – Assessment
- PA Day #5: TBD (see calendar options) – Provincial Priorities
- PA Day #6: Friday, May 20, 2022 – Provincial Priorities
- PA Day #7: Friday, June 10, 2022 – Assessment
● First Semester Exams are scheduled from Friday, January 28, 2022 until Thursday, February 3, 2022.
● Second Semester Exams are scheduled from Friday, Juae 24, 2022 until Thursday, June 30, 2022.