Maybe you mean: 'homeslider' or 'Slider2' or 'secondary-slide-2' or 'secondary-slide-3' or 'HolyCross' or 'HolyFamily'
NOTE: Due to technical issues beyond our control Online Registration is unavailable at this time. We hope to have these issues resolved soon.
You may complete a registration form at home by clicking on the button below. Once completed you can print it out and bring it to the school of your choice or visit the school of your choice to complete the process.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please fill out the appropriate forms below and bring them to your appointment at your neighbourhood Catholic school.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kindergarten
Choosing a school for your children to attend is an important decision . To help with your decision we are providing answers to your Frequently Asked Questions! We strive to give your children the best education possible in safe and fun learning environments!
Registration can take place at any time. To set up a convenient time and appointment please contact your neighbourhood school!
Children who are four or five years old before December, 31 of any year are eligible for Early Learning Kindergarten. HSCDSB welcomes Catholic and non-Catholic children. To fill out the Non-Catholic Application form click here.
For your child to be enrolled you must bring:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (if you have one)
- Health Card
- Record of Immunizations
Students in Junior Kindergarten are transported door-to-door within their permitted school zone. Students in Senior Kindergarten are transported if they live 0.75 km from the school. Please contact the Transportation Department if unsure of your zone 705.945.5642.
To find out the bus your child will be transported on click here.
Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten Programs are offered at all HSCDSB elementary schools.
Sault Ste. Marie:
- Holy Cross Catholic School
- Holy Family Catholic School
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School
- St. Basil Catholic School *French Immersion Offered
- St. Francis French Immersion
- St. Mary’s French Immersion
- St. Paul Catholic School
- Holy Name of Jesus – Hornepayne
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School – Chapleau
- St. Basil’s Catholic School – White River
- St. Joseph French Immersion – Wawa
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School – Elliot Lake
- St. Mary’s Catholic School – Blind River
- Sacred Heart Catholic School – Espanola *French Immersion Offered
- Our Lady of Lourdes French Immersion – Elliot Lake
- St. Mary Catholic School – Massey
Our kindergarten programs provide a variety of learning opportunities in the following six areas:
- Personal and Social Development,
- Science and Technology,
- Health and Physical Activity, and
- The Arts.
Attending the Welcome to Kindergarten event hosted by your child’s school in the spring is the best way to help prepare your child for their first day of school. At the Welcome to Kindergarten orientation workshops, families receive resources and learn activities to do with their children to help them with the transition to school.
Families that engage in regular activities and play, using the resources provided, will be helping their children to develop the following foundations for learning:
- Sharing and turn-taking
- Vocabulary development
- Following directions
- Print awareness
- Alphabet awareness
- One to one correspondence
- Enjoyment and knowledge of stories and books
- Hand and finger control and coordination for cutting,
- Colouring, pasting, writing
- Sorting and classifying
- Creative thinking
- Decision making