The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board continues to work closely with the Ministry of Education and public health units on all matters related to COVID-19. Please scroll down the page to see updated information pertaining to the upcoming school year.
Please find the link below provided by the Ministry of Education to the online resources for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Information & Resources
Supporting Student Mental Health
Kid’s Help Phone
Canada’s only 24/7 national support service offers professional counselling, information and referrals. Call: 1-800-668-6868, or text CONNECT to 686868
Tracking & Reporting
For the health, safety and well-being of our communities, we are committed to keeping the public informed about confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our HSCDSB schools and offices.
Below is a listing of our facilities and the number of reported cases, which will be updated based on the direction of the health unit that is responsible for the community where the facility is located.
Click here to see a provincial breakdown of COVID-19 in schools.
Notes to Families
- Letter to Parents – End of School Year – June 17, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Graduations and Vaccinations, May 27, 2021
- Child & Youth Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Letter to Parents – Remote Learning, Apil 16, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Spring Break, April 9, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Next Year, March 31, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Espanola & Massey Restrictions Update, Mar 31, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Espanola & Massey Restrictions, Mar 26, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Virtual Learning Espanola & Massey, Mar 12, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Spring Transition, March 11, 2021
- Letter to Parents – March Break, Feb 2021
- Letter to Parents – Health Changes, Feb 2021
- Letter to Parents – Return to In-Person Learning, Jan 22, 2021
- Letter to Parents – February Transition, Jan 19, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Short Term Virtual Learning, Jan 10, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Provincial Shutdown, Jan 8, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Provincial Shutdown, Dec 23, 2020
- Letter to Parents – Winter Reorganization, Dec 18, 2021
- Letter to Parents – Fall Reorganization Nov, 2020
- Letter to Parents – Fall Transition Oct 6, 2020
- Updated Screening for Children – October 1 2020
- Plan for Reopening Schools – Conventional Delivery – Fall 2020 – Sep 8-20
- Parent Tips for In-class learning
- COVID Top10 Rules for Safe Schools
- Parent Tips for Remote Learning
- Ministry Health and Safety Protocols for COVID-19
- Public Health Letter to School Staff – September 2
- Public Health Letter to Parents and Families
- Minister Letter – Parent Guidance, August 26
- Letter to Parents – Confirmation Remote Registration – Aug 22-20
- Letter to Parents – Confirmation No Feedback Remote Registration – Aug 22-20
- FAQs About Reopening Schools – August 11, 2020
- Letter to Parents – Pre-Registration – August 5, 2020
- Minister of Education Letter – Reopening – July 30, 2020
If you have questions or concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 virus please contact your local health unit.