POSTING: ECE 2023-11
LOCATION: Holy Cross School, SSM
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
END DATE: April 26, 2024 (Anticipated)
HOURS OF WORK: 6.5 hours/day
SALARY: To be determined
The ECE reports to the school principal and is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Work in collaboration with the teacher to provide a high quality, play-based developmentally appropriate program that reflects the Early Learning Program;
- Support the consistent delivery of programs that are based on current research and best practice;
- Assist in the development and implementation of daily activities for children;
- Support in providing a welcoming, safe, nurturing, inclusive, positive and respectful environment that recognizes individual differences in children;
- Assist in supporting children with opportunities based on individual strengths and needs;
- Perform other similar duties as assigned by the Principal or designated personnel.
- Graduate of a 2 year Early Childhood Education Program from a recognized Community College;
- Member of College of Early Childhood Educators (proof must be provided);
- Catholic Pastoral reference or Faith Reference Form (available on Board website);
- Knowledge of early childhood best practices and related current research;
- Knowledge of the early acquisition of oral language development and numeracy development;
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse school community environment;
- Proficient in the use of computer technology;
- First Aid Certificate, familiarity with Health and Safety regulations and WHMIS would be an asset.
Please submit your letter of interest by 4:00 p.m., September 26, 2023 to email@example.com
Selection will be based on employee’s performance, skills & ability to perform the work as per Article 16.01(b).
In accordance with Section 29(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected for the purpose of selecting successful applicants for the above-noted position.
In compliance with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities. The Board will take into account the person’s ability to access information and will provide the information contained in Board-produced public documents in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person.
Please contact the Human Resources Department at 705-945-5610 prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.