JOB CODE: LTO 2022-48
LOCATION: St. Mary’s Catholic School, Blind River, ON
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 2022
END DATE: Undetermined
The Board is looking for an occasional teacher who is a strong communicator, has strong interpersonal skills and is a team player. This posting is open to all applicants, including individuals who do not possess formal qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers (internally classified as “Non-Certified Teachers”).
The Board recognizes and values confidence and proficiency in Anishinaabemowin at varying levels and welcomes applications from candidates who possess this knowledge and a desire and passion to share it with our students. Preference will be given to candidates who self-identify as Indigenous.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture and Anishinaabemowin
- OCT-certified teachers should possess the following teaching qualifications:
- Primary, Junior & Intermediate Divisions
- Native Languages, Part 1
- Preference will be given to candidates who identify as Indigenous, Métis or Inuit [please note that candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify within their application for this position]
- Preferred OCT Qualifications: Native Languages, Specialist; Religious Education in Catholic Schools, Specialist; Special Education, Part 1
All applications are welcome and will be considered in this order: 1) occasional teachers employed by the board; 2) external OCT-certified applicants; 3) non-certified teacher applicants.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, an up-to-date Ontario College of Teachers Record of Qualification (if applicable), contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9, 2022.
THIS BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Ontario with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities. The Board will take into account the person’s ability to access information and will provide the information contained in Board-produced public documents in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person. Please contact the Human Resources Department at 705-945-5610 prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangement can be made.