The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (HSCDSB), the Algoma District School Board (ADSB), the Conseil Scolaire Catholique Nouvelon (CSCNO), Conseil Scolaire Public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario (CSPGNO) and Algoma Public Health Unit (APH) remind parents and students that Ontario is set to move into step one of the Roadmap to Reopen on June 11, 2021.
We all wish times were different, however it is imperative that the health and safety of students, staff, their families and the public be maintained. Through these extraordinary times, virtual ceremonies or contactless delivery/pick-up of diplomas provides the safest options in protecting students, parents and staff against the spread of COVID-19.
All four boards of education will proceed by inviting students in grade 8 and 12 at designated times to pick up their diploma and participate in a photo opportunity. More detail related to this process will be provided by your specific school administration.
At this time, all graduation ceremonies will remain virtual. We acknowledge the difficulties of not being able to celebrate the accomplishments of this year’s graduates in person. While we recognize COVID-19 vaccination rates are increasing and COVID-19 cases are decreasing, it is still very important to continue to follow public health guidance. Please avoid planning personal parties, celebrations and ceremonies that will attract groups.
If you decide to host a gathering after the end-of-year school celebration please follow these requirements:
• You are not allowed to gather indoors with anyone you do not live with
• Outdoor gatherings are permitted up to 10 people
• Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained with people outside your household
• Limit close contact to only members of your household (the people you live with)
• Complete the COVID-19 screening tool prior to attending a social gathering
• Practice frequent and proper hand hygiene
• Wear a face covering if you cannot consistently maintain a physical distance of 2m from those outside of your household while outdoors
We acknowledge the very difficult situation in which we all find ourselves in and know that everyone’s safety must remain our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and continued cooperation in keeping our communities safe.