Bonjour! It is with great excitement and enthusiasm that we start the 2022/2023 academic year. We are very excited to welcome back all our Falcons for this upcoming school year. We hope everyone had an enjoyable summer!
First off, I would like to extend a big welcome to our new Vice Principal, Ms. Shawna Bock. Ms. Bock is also our Prep and Planning teacher. She will be teaching Mathematics to our Primary Classes. As we embark on another school year, we will continue to build on the many wonderful programs and traditions that our staff, students and parents have worked so hard to establish over the years.
As principal, I am so grateful to be working within a school community that shares a wonderful commitment to Catholic Education. At St. Francis French Immersion Catholic School nous parlons francais. We have an exceptional team who strives to provide a safe, inclusive and intellectually challenging environment that empowers students to become risk-takers, innovative thinkers and creative problem solvers.
The staff at St. Francis French Immersion creatively designs instruction to integrate a variety of technological tools and resources to enhance learning. Our team believes in nurturing individual potential that cultivates intelligence and talent in a loving, caring and Christ-centered environment. We continue to lay the foundation for student success in school and life by creating strong partnerships between home, school, parish and community. Our values of respect, integrity and excellence are behind everything we do as a staff and as a school.
We look forward to working with parents and students to maintain the excitement, enthusiasm and faithful spirit that makes success possible. The St. Francis French immersion staff is looking forward to being part of the continual academic, spiritual and social growth of all students as we walk in the path of Jesus and work together as a Catholic school community. To see who will be teaching and caring for your child this year click here.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or 705-945-5525.
RETURN TO SCHOOL – HEALTH and SAFETY MEASURES
- As we move forward towards the first day of school and based on the advice of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, masks will not be required for students, staff and visitors in schools or on student transportation.
- All this being said, it is recommended that students and visitors continue to self-screen every day before attending school using the COVID-19 school and child care screening tool, and that individuals stay home if they are feeling ill to prevent the spread of illness.
- The screening tool can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ and is linked on our Board website at www.hscdsb.on.ca, under the Parents tab, COVID-19 Updates.
SCHOOL START AND DISMISSAL TIMES
- Our school day starts at 9:05 a.m and dismissal is at 3:35 p.m. Parents not using and/or not eligible to use the Transportation Consortium’s services may drop off their child/ren 15 minutes before the start of the day. Parents may retrieve their child/ren 15 minutes or more before the end of the day to prevent congestion.
- Please call the school when your child is going to be absent or late.
Looking forward to an awesome 2022-2023 School Year!
Carmela Roznik – Principal