The Huron Superior Catholic District School Board, in partnership with Hockey Canada have developed and designed a Hockey Skills Academy which is aimed at ensuring that all student-athletes, regardless of skill level or experience may enroll in this outstanding opportunity.
The dynamic instructors and talented coaches are committed to the development of each student-athlete by providing a personalized and directed strategy for improving their hockey skills.
In accordance with Hockey Canada this innovative program is designed to enhance a student-athlete’s confidence, individual playing skills, self-esteem and opportunities in both academics and athletics.
With all the necessary resources in place to help develop the student-athletes, the Academy focuses on three main areas:
- On-ice skills sessions twice a week for elementary and secondary programs.
- Off-ice sessions with a focus on:
- Strength and Conditioning
- Food and Nutrition
- Video analysis
- Learning different hockey systems
- Mental training, designed to teach students self-discipline, self-motivation, self-confidence and goal settings.
There are fees associated with the Academy and in our continuous focus on ensuring equity and inclusion, sponsorship opportunities are available for those students requiring financial assistance.
For more information on the Academy please call 705-945-5690.