LOCATION: Special Education Department, Mount St. Joseph Education Centre, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
SCHEDULE: Full-Time – Non-Union position. Start date to be determined with successful candidate.
SALARY: $103,648 – $111,383
The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is seeking a dynamic Psychologist / Psychological Associate who will work as part of the Special Education Department. The successful individual will report to the Co-ordinator and Supervisory Officer responsible for Special Education and will work as part of a special education multi-disciplinary team. In addition to completing and reviewing psycho-educational assessments, the Psychologist will provide leadership and consultative services to our Mental Health, Behaviour, Autism, Psychometry and Speech and Language teams. Travel to the east and north schools may be required.
- Complete psycho-educational assessments of students and write corresponding reports.
- Provide assessment feedback to school staff and parents.
- Make recommendations to support programming at the school level.
- Provide support and consultation for programs and services, including accommodations and modifications, and Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Monitor and address concerns with assessment wait lists.
- Supervise and approve the work of the board psychometrist and teacher diagnostician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A PhD or a Masters in Psychology.
- Completion of Supervised Practice and Certificate of Autonomous Practice.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Psychologists.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience conducting various assessments.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment
Please submit your cover letter, résumé & registration number with the Ontario College of Psychologists, to email@example.com
THIS BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. In compliance with the Ontario with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities. The Board will take into account the person’s ability to access information and will provide the information contained in Board-produced public documents in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person. Please contact the Human Resources Department at 705-945-5610 prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangement can be made.